“Ever Wondered What It Would Feel Like To Defy Gravity™ And Walk On The Moon? Or, Wondered What It Would Feel Like To Walk Or Run Without Pain?? Now You Can Feel For Yourself On The Nasa Inspired Anti-Gravity Treadmill!”
What Is It?
The AlterG is a treadmill like no other. It allows precise un-weighting in one percent increments to as low as 20 percent of your body weight. AlterG’s unique precision gives you the ability to set the precise point where exercise becomes pain free and provides the clinicians a way to accurately measure your progress. AlterG is used and recommended by leading physical therapy clinics, hospitals, colleges and pro sports teams.
For a quick overview take a look at the YouTube video "AlterG: The Game Changer"
Who can use it?
Everyone! We offer different options for use of the AlterG. You can combine the treadmill use with your physio session or you can use it on a drop-in basis, purchase a punch pass or join our monthly membership program. You do not have to be a physiotherapy client of ours to use the treadmill.
What would you use it for?
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill is FDA cleared for:
• Rehabilitation following injury or surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Sprains, strains, fractures/breaks, partial and full tendon ruptures (Surgical and non surgical)
• Rehabilitation before and after total joint replacement
• Gait training in neurologic patients
- multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, post-stroke, traumatic brain injury, and incomplete spinal cord injury
• Strengthening and conditioning for seniors
• Weight control and reduction
• Sport specific conditioning programs
- high intensity interval training, hill training, plyometric & agility training
• Aerobic conditioning
- offload some of the longer training runs to avoid overuse/repetitive strain injuries and decrease the impact through your joints
Why did we get it?
Concept Physiotherapy is the first and only clinic in BC to offer the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. We strive to stay on the leading edge of rehab and we are committed to doing everything we can to get you better sooner and to push the envelope of rehab. It is also an invaluable tool to prevent injuries before they occur.
“This Equipment Will Revolutionize Rehab And Its Arrival Coincides With The Increasing Pressure To Control The Healthcare Costs By Significantly Speeding Up The Recovery Process.”
Karen Brown, Pt, Owner - Alliance Physical Therapy
How it works
AlterG uses patented Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology, developed at NASA.
The treadmill applies a comfortable and uniform lifting force to your body. Integrated into a high-tech treadmill, AlterG’s technology offers precise body weight reduction and an easy-to-use set of controls.
The AlterG is the only “un-weighting” device that allows you to exercise at a reduced body weight while maintaining normal running or walking mechanics. The best way to undertand just how it feels is to get on it!
Depending on your individual goals and needs, you can combine your treadmill use with a physiotherapy session or you can just come to use it. You do not have to be a physiotherapy client of ours to use the treadmill.
Here are your options for treadmill use:
1. Physiotherapy session & combined treadmill use (up to 30 mins): $85
2. Drop in (up to 30 mins): $25
3. Punch pass: 5 hours: $200 or 10 hours: $350
- use the treadmill as long as you want for each session, “punches” are tracked in minutes; no expiry date
4. 6 week program pass: Follow a 6 week training program: $140
5. Monthly membership program:
-Lifestyle Membership: $99/month Includes up to 3 sessions/week with a max session length of 60 minutes
-Performance Membership: $199/month Includes an unlimited number sessions/week with a max session length of 120 minutes